This award is given to an employer that has dramatically improved its performance and created an exceptional health, safety and return to work program.
View past winners.
For entry in this category, your submission must show the following:
- What was the workplace health and safety challenge?
- What form of risk management system or process was used to identify the issue?
- How did your organization develop the solution(s)?
- How effective was (were) the solution(s) for the control of the identified challenge?
- To what extent was (were) the solution(s) developed in consultation with workplace parties (eg. employees, unions, JOHS Committee, etc.) and, if applicable, outside organizations?
- What impact did the solution have on the overall operations of the company?
- Has there been a demonstrated improvement in health and safety in the workplace as a result of the solution? (Provide claims or incident/injury data, return to work data, and any other OHS reporting as evidence.)
- How much potential is there for the approach/solution to have broader application across industry?
- A copy of your organization’s occupational health and safety code of practice or program as required under Sections 27 and 28 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (if applicable).
- A photo of posted occupational health and safety materials in your workplace as required under Sections 9(2), 37, 38 and 39 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals and gain further context.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org