Safety Award of Excellence - Organization
This award recognizes a company, labour group, partnership or association that demonstrates real commitment to continuous improvement of workplace health and safety in Nova Scotia. In general, this award recognizes the very best practice in the prevention of workplace injury and/or leadership in fostering timely and safe return to work, toward a culture of workplace safety in Nova Scotia. This award is the highest safety honour bestowed upon an organization or group in Nova Scotia.
View past winners.
For entry in this category, your submission must show the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace health and safety:
- Within the workplace, this could entail the systematic management commitment of occupational health and safety (OHS) and injury management (including return to work programs), ongoing planning of OHS improvement and evaluation of the program, systematic identification, assessment and control strategies for the organization’s hazards, etc.
- More broadly, the applicant may also demonstrate impact on a provincial scale to continued, real improvements in the health and safety culture of Nova Scotia.
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals and gain further context.
- Within the workplace, to what extent was the occupational health and safety program or initiative developed in consultation with relevant workplace parties (eg. employees, unions, JOHS committees, etc.) and, where appropriate, with outside organizations?
- Has the applicant effected change toward a demonstrated improvement in health and safety in a workplace, workplaces, or the workplace safety culture across Nova Scotia?
- How much potential is there for the broader application across other workplaces and/or to the industry?
- Include a copy of your organization’s occupational health and safety code of practice or program as required under Sections 27 and 28 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (if applicable).
- Include a photo of posted occupational health and safety materials in your workplace as required under Sections 9(2), 37, 38 and 39 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
E-mail to: email@example.com