Individual Safety Champion
Awarded to an individual (e.g. front line and shop floor workers or supervisors, JOHS Committee members, etc.) whose contribution has made an exceptional difference to health and safety in the workplace. An Individual Safety Champion may be awarded in each of the four provincial regions (Cape Breton, HRM, South Shore/Valley, Central/North Shore).
View past winners.
For entry in this category, your submission must show the following:
- What were the individual’s health and safety achievements/contributions and how were they accomplished?
- What barriers to success, if any, were encountered?
- How were the improvements in health and safety performance measured?
- In what way was the individual’s approach and contribution integral in achieving better OHS performance within the organization?
- Describe how the individual’s impact on health and safety management and performance was above and beyond their immediate field/area of responsibility.
- What is the potential for the individual’s contribution to have broader application?
- What communication and consultation processes were required/used to implement their achievements/contribution?
- Your application must also include:
- A copy of your organization’s occupational health and safety code of practice or program as required under Sections 27 and 28 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (if applicable).
- A photo of posted occupational health and safety materials in your workplace as required under Sections 9(2), 37, 38 and 39 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals and gain further context.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
E-mail to: email@example.com