Health and Safety Educator
The Health and Safety Educator Award is awarded to an educator who has demonstrated a commitment to the promotion and advancement of workplace health and safety. It is open to workplace and industry educators, community-based educators, teachers of students in Grades 9-12, and instructors and teachers at private colleges, universities and the Nova Scotia Community College.
For entry in this category, your submission must show how the Health and Safety Educator:
The application must include:
- Demonstrates commitment to creating a culture of workplace health, safety and injury prevention for Nova Scotian students, workers or workplaces.
- Demonstrates healthy and safe behaviour at the workplace, or school.
- Supports additional understanding of health and safety awareness and education.
- Goes above and beyond the curriculum requirements, learning outlines, or service-delivery expectations of the program/course to support effective learning outcomes.
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals, and to gain further context.
- An outline of your training program curriculum.
- A copy of your organization’s occupational health and safety code of practice or program as required under Section 38 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org